- Kauai recovery and rescue efforts continue after devastating floodsThe Kauai Emergency Management Agency said relief efforts continue today to help residents and visitors stranded in the isolated communities of Haena and Wainiha following a severe weekend storm that caused widespread flooding. The Kauai Emergency Management Agency said relief efforts continue today to help residents and visitors stranded in the isolated com […]
- Officials try to rescue more people days after Hawaii delugeIn this Monday, April 16, 2018, photo provided by the Office of the Governor, Hawaii, Hawaii Gov. David Ige, left, flies over the flood-damaged areas of the island of Kauai. Heavy rains on Kauai let up on Monday, which helped emergency workers better rescue people stranded by flooding on the island.
- Garden Island a muddy messFrom Kauai's picturesque north shore to Koloa town on the south shore, Garden Isle residents Monday dug out of tons of wet mud left behind when chest-high rainwater suddenly lifted boats and beds, swallowed kitchen stoves and sent families running in the middle of the night.
- In Kauai, where to eat for cheap: 20 places for meals for $20We know you love to eat like a local when you travel, and we also know you like to save money because who likes to waste money? Nearly a decade ago, the Travel section created lists that did just that. We canvassed the islands to bring you a series of articles we called 20 for $20, tasting our way across Kauai, Oahu, Maui and Hawaii Island in search of great […]
- Kauai recovery and rescue efforts continue after devastating floods